A walk through the historical centre between the rivers Scheldt and Lys
Imagine: you have just arrived in town and have no idea where to go first. Sounds familiar? Not in Ghent! The Ghent Guides are ready to show you the way. They’ll entertain you with fascinating stories, golden recommendations and valuable inside information
- Only online booking until 13:00 h (the guided tour starts at 14:00 h)
- For available dates see online calendar
- Meeting point: St. Veerleplein at the gate of the Tourist Information Centre
- The tour will take place with a minimum of 10 participants and maximum 15 participants
- Refund in case the tour is cancelled (less then 10 participants)
- No visit to the cathedral or the town hall
- The wearing of a face mask is mandatory
- Respect social distancing of 1,5 m
- By making the reservation you accept our corona measures
Also looking for the mouth of the Lys in the Scheldt? Want to know why Ghent has no Grand Place? Are you curious to find out why the Count of Flanders constructed his castle just outside the historical city center? This tour will take about 2 hours to discover the historical city centre by foot. Expect small historical stories, nice anecdotes and practical information. During our walk we will pass by the City Hall, Town hall, Castle of the Counts, Groentenmarkt and the Old Port.
The tour will be in two languages: English/Dutch. The price includes a visit to the Townhall (weekdays, upon approval of the Ghent city authorities) or Cathedral (weekends).
The planning below and ticket sales are not applicable as long as the corona measures are in place.
|Meeting point||Tourist Information Center, Veerleplein|
|Point of arrival|
|Languages||Dutch, English, German|
|Price||from € 8|